Saturday, August 21, 2010

gem crasher

The epic gem market has pooped itself the last few days. There is a guy posting tons of cut gems for less than raws (I'm talking 70g Balanced Dreadstones when the raws are 80-90g), even 10-15 of a single cut at a time. Fortunately he is not posting all of the cuts but it still is a bummer. I initially reported him as potentially being hacked, but also sent him a mail. He replied and says he is liquidating an alt's inventory; I would normally buy it out but I'm nervous picking up so many cut gems at this time.

Things have been moving slooooowly in all markets. I still have four Mechano-hogs to sell. :( At this point I'm thinking of liquidating a lot of my stock and starting to finally stockpile for Cataclysm.

(For clarification: I didn't report him out of spite. I genuinely suspected he might be a hacked account/gbank so I considered it a reasonable action to take. Only after I put in the ticket did he respond so I knew he was a real person.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why auto-report him for this?

Meg said...

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I saw him post a wide variety of items (Dragon's Eyes, cut gems, herbs) at 50% or less of market price and was concerned it was a hacked account. I opened a ticket and sent him a mail - and to my surprise, he answered the mail.

Meg said...

It was not an auto-report like "report spam." I regularly open tickets with concerns about hacked guild banks or hacked characters. Even though I know I have bought from hackers, from my guild's and friends' experiences I know that the items will be restored, and are helped along by a swift ticket to a GM.